Welcome to my home ~郭大路

Welcome to my home ~郭大路
記錄曾經喜愛及現在喜愛的歌

2010年7月17日 星期六

齊豫 Lady On the other side of town









Lady On The Other Side Of Town

Whoever finds this, I love you!
Music & Lyrics: Mac Davis - 1972

 On the quiet street in the city A little old man walked alone
Shuffling through the autumn afternoon
 And the autumn leaves reminded himAnother summer's come and gone
 He had long lonely nights ahead waiting for June
Then among the leaves near an orphan's home
 A piece of paper caught his eyes
And he stooped to pick it up with trembling hands
As he read the childish writingThe old man began to cry
 'Cause the words burned inside him like a brand

 "Whoever finds this, I love you
 Whoever finds this, I need you
I ain't even got no one to talk to
 So, whoever finds this, I love you! "

Well, the old man's eyes searched the orphan's home
 And came to rest upon a child
With her nose pressed up against the window pane
 And the old man knew he'd found a friend at last So he waved at her and smiled
 And they both knew they'd spend the winter
Laughing at the rain
 And they did spend the winter laughing at the rain
Talking through the fence Exchanging little gifts
 they've made for each other
The old man would carve toys
And the little girl would draw pictures of beautiful ladies for
 And they laughed a lot
 And then one day on the first of June
The little girl ran to the fence... the old man wasn't there
And, somehow she knew he was never coming back
 So she went back to her little room took a crayon,
 And wrote
"Whoever finds this, I love you
 Whoever finds this, I need you
I ain't even got no one to talk to
So, whoever finds this, I love you!
 
Stories

I remember quite clearly now when this story happened
The autumn leaves were floating and measured down to the ground
 Recovering the lake where we used to swim like children
On the sun would dare to shine
That time we used to be happy Well, I thought we were
 But the truth was that - you had been longing to leave me
 Not daring to tell me
On that precious night watching the lake vaguely conscious
 You said, our story was ending

Now I'm standing here No one to wipe away my tears
No one to keep me warm And no one to walk along with
No one to make me feel
No one to make me whole Oh what am I to do
 I'm standing here alone It doesn't seem so clear to me
What am I supposed to do about this burning heart of mine
 Oh what am I to do Or how should I react
Oh tell me please

The rain was killing the last days of summer
 You had been killing my last breath of love since a long time ago
 I still don't think I am gonna make it through another love story
You took it all away from me And there I stand,
I knew I was gonna be the one left behind
But still I'm watching the lake vaguely conscious
 And I know, my life is ending

沒有留言: